YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Engagement!

For anyone who doesn't already know, Daniel and I got engaged in September, it was such a surprise and exactly what I wanted. We had been to look at rings once and discussed options regarding his grandmothers engagement ring and that was as far as I thought we had gotten. Little did I know sneaky guy went and did what we had talked about, bought a ring and was ready to ask the question! Of course I said yes! Now I will tell you the story...

In September for Labor Day weekend we went to the rodeo in Ellensburg, Washington and had a complete blast. We camped with his family and friends, saw our friends, watched the rodeo and got really into it, enjoyed the sun and drank lots of beer. We came home Monday afternoon and went to work the next day. That Tuesday morning he mentioned he wanted to go to see the new Ferris wheel that overlooks the water here in Seattle, and I thought sure okay maybe this weekend or whatever. I was not that concerned, but he had other plans. He got weirdly adamant that we go, TODAY, to ride the Ferris wheel after work. I am thinking now, well I guess he really likes Ferris wheels, this is a new thing...hmm. I get home from work and we immediately go downtown to the wheel. He was fidgety and his driving was making me crazy (what else is new). We park and get in line, Daniel had already bought the tickets before online. He was so fidgety and walking around in place, staring at everything and just could not relax. I had no idea what the big deal was. There was a family ahead of us in line and he mentioned how he hoped we didn't have to ride with them.

We get in our little gondola and start going towards the top, but very slowly because people were still being loaded into the cars. I took my phone out to take a picture of the view, which was beautiful and he suggests we take a picture together...um what? Is this the same guy I have been dating for 1.5 years who HATES when I try to take his picture? I have so many pictures of the back of his head you would not believe! I sort of thought then that something might be up. As soon as I was done snapping a picture he got down on one knee, and I thought he was kidding like he had so many times before! I rolled my eyes!! And he started telling me how much he loved me and wanted to be with me for the rest of his life, I forget the rest because I was so excited, and then he pulled out the ring box (which he had been keeping in his sock so I didn't see it in his pocket) and opened it. Inside was the setting I had said I loved at the engagement ring store with the diamond from his grandmothers ring. It was perfect. He put the ring on my finger and I started crying, by this time the Ferris wheel was done loading and we were going around. We started calling our families to tell them, it was just a blur of excitement and emotion.

This the ring, which I love so much. It catches the light and sparkles. I have gotten used to the feeling of wearing a ring on my ring finger and ditched the rings I was wearing on my middle finger (note the tan line ha!). The ring Daniel's grandmother gave him to give to me was really not my style, so with her permission he had the diamond put into a different setting more to my liking. The ring and diamond carry a lot of sentiment, and if you know Daniel he LOVES sentimental things so it is just really special to have something so close to his heart already have new meaning for us. 

After the Ferris wheel ride went to Daniel's Broiler for dinner and had a fantastic time, they even brought us champagne! Here we are almost 2 1/2 months later and a whole bunch of trips. We are moving into a new town home which is about half way between both of our offices to start our next phase of life, which is newly engaged soon to be newly weds! We set a date for the wedding, August 17, 2013 in Gig Harbor. We are planning a big party with good food, lots of dancing, and whole bunch of love! But between now and the wedding there is a lot of work to be done! Planning! Shopping! Parties (fun, but work)! Thank you cards! The works! Also the wedding has been a kick in the butt for both of us to get in better shape. We go running and are making long term changes to our diets and are both losing weight and feeling great.

It feels really great to be growing up and knowing I am going to marry the man I loved since I first met him at 14 is pretty crazy. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment